Kenmore Park Preschool & Kindergarten is a not for profit community controlled centre of early childhood education, established in 1968. Our double unit centre caters for the educational needs of children aged 3 to 4 ½ years. We are proud to be affiliated with the Gowrie (Qld) Inc.
At Kenmore Park, it is our mission to provide a kindergarten year that is a rich and stimulating experience for the children and that also provides a range of important opportunities that not only prepare children for school but for life.
The Administrative Assistant at Kenmore Park Kindergarten is pivotal to the smooth running of our centre. The role is responsible for ensuring that the Centre’s administration is conducted in a compliant and efficient manner.
The position reports to the Nominated Supervisor and President of the Management Committee and performs all administrative functions of the Committee and the Kindergarten.
Other key relationships include with teaching staff, parents and the Gowrie early childhood consultant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties and responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform general administrative duties including filing and records management, completion of forms, ordering stock and supplies, registering and distributing mail and correspondence.
- Operating office equipment including computer (Windows 8 Operating System), telephone, fax and photocopier.
- Manage own workflow efficiently, negotiating priorities for deadlines where appropriate. Perform duties within centre guidelines and procedures, continually seeking improvements in the way in which work is performed.
- Provide courteous, efficient and timely customer service to internal and external clients.
- Respond appropriately to enquiries, ensuring that correspondence and enquiries are handled promptly.
- Receipt cash received and maintain the Centre’s petty cash
- Maintain and catalogue our “library”
- Be the first point of contact for prospective families for our centre and maintain the Centre’s Wait List.
- Keep information that is displayed around the centre up to date and relevant
- Assist with the preparation of AGM documents and relevant transition documents.
- Gain a good working knowledge of the Centre and Gowrie Policies
- Complete Monthly and Quarterly reports as required by our governing body.
- Report and liaise with the Nominated Supervisor and Management Committee on a regular basis.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated skills in office procedures and general administrative requirements in a busy office.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated typing skills – reasonable speed and a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, including the ability to research information.
- Previous administrative experience in a support role.
- Ability to use initiative and judgement.
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and thorough manner and follow directions as required by supervisors.
- Have strong organisational skills, able to work independently and prioritise your daily work schedule.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
This role is covered by the conditions outlined in your letter of appointment and is covered by the Children’s Services Award 2010.
It is anticipated that this position is for approximately 16 hours per week during school terms, with preferred work days being on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday It should also be noted that some work is required during holiday periods, for example, you will continue to be required to collect and open incoming mail, and record and distribute it to relevant persons.
Additional hours may be required due to busier times so flexibility is paramount.
Hrs are 16 hrs min