As Early childhood specialists, the staff of Kenmore Park Kindergarten are committed to working in partnership with children, parents and communities to provide high quality educational programs.
Our centre philosophy underpins all aspects of our program delivery and is used in conjunction with the National Early Years Learning Framework.
*For further information on the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines, click here.
In our work with children we will:
- Acknowledge and treat children as unique individuals
- Create a safe, welcoming and stimulating learning environment to encourage thoughtful play;
- Promote secure attachments and warm trusting relationships and interactions;
- Seek to strengthen resilience, critical thinking and informed risk taking;
- Promote communication and problem solving skills, together with social learning and awareness, and capacity to express and acknowledge feelings.
Working in partnership with parents and families we will:
- Acknowledge the extensive and varied growth and development that has occurred in the home;
- Share knowledge and promote confident parenting;
- Seek to develop and maintain positive relationships based on trust and mutual respect, two way communication and participation in service decision-making;
- Respect and value the individual backgrounds and unique culture and customs of families;
- Build genuine reciprocal relationships between children, families, staff and educators that are strengthened and sustained over time.
As a community of learners we:
- Develop a caring, trusting and sharing climate that supports and stimulates self initiated learning;
- Document children´s experiences, and share these with children, parents and colleagues;
- Value and promote sharing of information and expertise between parents, staff and educators;
- Reflect on our practice, commit to continuous quality improvement, and support each other´s ongoing professional and personal development.
With regard to our wider community we:
- Connect children and families with each other and local child and family support services;
- Are an advocate for high quality early childhood education and share our expertise with the field;
- Welcome members from the community as valuable co-contributors to a rich and vibrant shared experience;
- Seek to inform and influence government decision-making;
- Promote the value and contribution of our services within the community.