An integral part of the local community
Kindy Dad James, attended Kenmore Park as a pre-schooler. Now running a successful business of his own, James returned to with his son Jack, ensuring that Jack received the same Kenmore Park start in life. "It's was great to see Jack enjoying Kindy, especially as I have many fond memories of my time at Kenmore Park. He's was excited to go to Kindy and made lots of friends."
Being a Kenmore Park parent offers many opportunities to be involved and take a more active part in the Kindy community. James kindly brought his skills to the committee table, and was our Maintenance Coordinator while Jack attended Kenmore Park Kindy.
Some major projects donated, organised or completed by Kindy parents include:
- 2022 - Replace cross handle vanity basin taps with mixer taps which are easier for children to use and are more environmentally friendly (Made possible thanks to the Brisbane Airport Australia Community Giving Fund grant)
- 2022 (planned) - New iPad's for each classroom to use for photography and StoryPark communication with families
- 2022 (planned) - Technology upgrades for office computer
- 2022 (planned) - Addition of more risky play equipment to Unit 1 area to increase the challenges for children, in line with our philosophy
- 2022 (planned) - Moving creek area to inside Unit 1 playground to extend nature play opportunities
- 2022 (planned) - Conversion of Unit 2 mud put into a log and balance beam rainforest area
- 2022 (planned) - Upgrade paving around Unit 2 sand pit
- 2022 (planned) - Update Kindy road signage
- 2021 - Addition of Committee members desk area in office
- 2021 - Unit 1 soft fall and grass repair/replacement
- 2021 - Installation of new environmentally friendly lights
- 2021 - New carpet in classrooms
- 2021 - Repaint inside classrooms and office to freshen everything up
- 2021 - Replaced grass in Unit 2 veggie garden area
- 2021 - New timber bridge for Unit 2 creek bed
- 2021 - New timber chairs for children and staff in classrooms
- 2020 - Create new veggie gardens in each unit
- 2020 - New computers for all teachers
- 2020 - New safety glass doors for reception
Another Kenmore Park parent returning to our community is Pre-Kindy teacher, Louise. Back in 2005, both Louise and her husband served as active committee members. With her own children now in school, Louise is thrilled to be educating a whole new cohort of Kenmore Park Kindy children.